Free Time? Do work (continued)
Just now, I went back in time to read an article from the esteemed DDon right after he had a breakup a few months ago. I am not gonna lie, I lol'd pretty hard at his internalized pain. Not because it pleased me per se, but because really there is no other appropriate response to a friend in pain other than good, hearty, unrestrained laughter at his expense. Trust me, it's in the bro code somewhere. If you can't laugh at another persons pain then you need to do other stuff that is not manly and we shan't speak of it. After all, there is power in a name so why use it against ourselves here?
Behold my friends, the wheel of KA has come full circle and it is the tormentor who has become the tormented. I say unto thee who read this SquareSpace-powered and usually- finance-oriented blog:
It is DDave now who is single. He has become a sight most wretched to behold. Let us join hands in mockery of his pain in order to cleanse the earth of imbalance through the power of teh lulz.
But in all seriousness, I was reading DDon's article for advice. And what it boils down to is that no doubt there is stuff I should be working on, and I need to get to work on it! So far this week here is what I have done:
- I have finished a set of prototypes for a new side hustle I'm consulting for
- I have revised the design numerous times and got positive feedback on everything I have done
- I have thoroughly reviewed the contract for said side hustle and am nearing a point of mutual agreement with the employer
- My normal job is still eating ~52 hrs a week including the commute
- Replaced a flat tire on my salvaged Honda
- Swapped the clutch master cylinder yet again in my Corvette. Ah, Chevrolet, you are truly a gift from the gods
- Started training and working out with my friend who was having back problems. (in addition to the strength work I already do)
- Trained a new guitarist for my band which involved 4 practice sessions in the last 2 weeks alone
- Played a show with my new band lineup (it went very well because of all the practice!)
- Wrote some new material, practiced my arpeggios
- Had a realtor over to assess some things related to the market
- Flipped another guitar amp for a measly ~150$ in profit
- Cleaned and Bombed my house for bugs - it is spring after all!
- Replaced a problem outlet at a tenants property
Here is a quote DDon put in his article:
I don't know if everything I have been doing is making money or whatever, but it definitely helps me avoid alone time with my thoughts which is a good key motivator.
Oh geez look at the time! And here I am not having eaten anything except a cup of coffee until the afternoon again without realizing it. I really must be on my way. And with that I bid you all a very polite and rushed adieu and leave you to your thoughts.