Free advice for Starbucks
Ok Starbucks. I get it we are all addicted to coffee and you make decent coffee. I have some advice for you based on my frequent trips to your painfully convenient and enjoyable location 7 minutes walk from my place of employment.
As a person who goes to Starbucks (SB's) and actually buys coffee I have been coming up with a list of things I have an issue with that I think you could fix. Funny story, some of these things have already been fixed and it's great that you are listening and getting feedback from somewhere.
Most prominent non-fixed issue: Those damn cream ladle things!
What is wrong with the above picture? There are creams and sugar and mixing sticks available for you what more could you possibly want? Well I'll tell you SB's I'll tell you right here and now. I do not know which one of these is Half and Half and which one is the wretched lite-fake-soymilk crap. How would I know? Apparently I have to pick each one up and twist it around a bunch to look at some label which may or may not even exist. As much as I love touching things that are questionably sanitary in public, I also love the uncertainty of whether there is actually anything inside of these vile containers before I put my hands on them.
1. Label these containers so that people know what's inside before they grope them. Or color code, normal type humans will understand either way.
2. Have some kind of indicator that lets the employees know when they are empty so they can come and refill them. Also the indicator should let customers know these are empty so they don't have to heft them around like some kind of caveman with a coconut to see if there is anything inside.
3. Why do the lids screw on and off? Why are they sometimes open and sometimes closed? Why am I always worried I will have the lid fall out when I tip it over so I have to check to make sure it's threaded in a reasonable amount before I try?
One more pic to drive it home:
By no means is this article in place (solely) to rag on SB's. Here are some things that they have fixed in the past year or so that I greatly appreciate:
1. The lids have changed. And they leak less, trust me I know. Nothing worse than tipping it back and getting some on your shirt.
2. You now have all 3 coffee roasts available at all times! For years I would go to the shop and ask for either a Blonde roast (most caffeine) or a dark roast and you didn't have it. Employees always asked me if I wanted to do a pour over which takes at least 10 mins trust me I tried it a few times. Now you have all 3 brewed at all times! Brilliant, a coffee shop with coffee on tap.
I was this close to quitting SB's and going to another shop. These 2 changes they made literally have forced me to realize that it is possible that they care about their customers and change things to make them happy. Now I just hope they take my advice on those insufferably wretched non-user-friendly creamer containers.